Last week, Kevin and I spent a whirlwind 9 days in France. We traveled with two of our dearest friends and had a trip filled with so many delicious meals and lots of good wine. One of my FAVORITE things to do when I travel is to visit the local markets. I love checking out all of the local produce and interacting with farmers. We visited the Bastille market in Paris, the Old Town Market in Nice and the local market in Antibes. All three of them were unique and did not disappoint! Stay tuned for a few upcoming recipes inspired by our trip!
Now that we are back home, Kevin and I are craving some light summer meals and while corn isn’t exactly a featured ingredient in France, it sure says summer here in the USA. This sweet corn and tomato salad with fresh cilantro is one of my favorite summer dishes! It is quick to throw together, healthy and extremely versatile. Serve it with some grilled chicken or fish, add some black beans and avocado and eat it as a salad on it’s own, scoop it up with tortilla chips, or add it to tacos…the possibilities are endless.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husked
- ½ pound grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the corn in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs and transfer corn to a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.