This pumpkin spice granola is a quintessential fall recipe. Pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice come together in a granola that not only tastes delicious, but it makes your house smell amazing too!
As I’ve mentioned before, granola tops the list of “health foods” that can be….well…not so healthy. Store-bought granola is often loaded with excess refined sugar, sodium, and fat. Making your own version at home can reclaim some of the health benefits associated with granola and once you realize how simple it is to make, I promise you will never go back to the store-bought version again!
This granola is nutrient dense, filling and packed with healthy fats, protein and fiber. The applesauce, maple syrup and pumpkin help bind the oats together, but this also makes it less crunchy than you may be used to. Even though this granola is a bit softer, the pepitas add some nice texture. You can also feel free to substitute the pepitas for other nuts like walnuts or slivered almonds.
I have been eating this granola non stop this week! I enjoy it with some milk or yogurt as a snack…on the top of my smoothies in the morning…and even just straight from the jar. Make a batch of this pumpkin spice granola, you will not be disappointed!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over oat/spice mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and stir. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the granola is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and stir in dried cranberries and pepitas. Let cool and store in an airtight container.