Well here we are, somehow it’s less than a week until Christmas! Many of us are busy with last minute holiday preparations, long to-do lists, parties to attend and perhaps parties to host. With everything going on, it can be easy to let a healthy balanced diet fall by the wayside and be tempted to indulge in the cookies and sweets that seem to be everywhere you turn. Having some healthy snack options around to help keep you full on the good stuff is one of the best ways to stay on track. This garlic rosemary white bean dip is one of my favorite options for this time of year. It’s full of flavor and takes just a few minutes to prepare with just a handful of ingredients.
Keep this dip around with some fresh veggies and you’ll be less likely to reach for those holiday treats. This recipe would also be perfect to bring to any holiday gathering.
Kevin and I are heading home to the Midwest for Christmas this year. We are looking forward to spending some quality time with the Reilly family (especially our two little nephews!) and relaxing up in the north woods of Wisconsin. It’s so peaceful up there in the winter. We also can’t wait to celebrate some big news that we have….
Kevin and I are expecting our first baby in May!! We have SO much to be thankful for this year, but this is definitely at the top of the list! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! Check back next week for a special New Years Eve recipe 🙂
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 (15oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add the garlic and rosemary leaves to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely minced.
- Add beans, salt, pepper, and water to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely pureed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube. Once the olive oil is incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl and process about for about 2 more minutes until the dip is smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with an assortment of fresh vegetables.