Strawberries have been absolutely delicious here in New England lately. Have you ever tried strawberries from your local farmers market? It’s a flavor you won’t forget!
Since strawberry season doesn’t last long, I have been including them in just about everything. When berries are perfectly in season, you don’t have to do much with them; keep it simple and let their sweetness shine!
That is where this strawberry salsa comes in. With just 5 ingredients, it comes together in less than 10 minutes. It’s colorful and flavorful with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Strawberries are rich in vitamins and minerals including Vitamin C, folate, and potassium. They contain immune supporting phytonutrients called anthocyanins which give them their bright red hue. Strawberries are also good sources of fiber.
Of course, this salsa pairs perfectly with tortilla chips but I think it would also be delicious served as a topping for chicken, fish, or on crostini for an appetizer.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ small red onion, about ½ cup, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Chips for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately or let sit for about 30 minutes to let flavors come together.