Fall is here which means it’s time for all things pumpkin! Last Fall, I shared recipes for pumpkin spice oatmeal and pumpkin spice granola which are both perfect for this time of year, but these pumpkin spice energy bites might be my new favorite!
As a new mom, it doesn’t get much better than this. I can make a batch of energy bites at the start of the week so I always have a quick, healthy, and delicious snack option on hand.
These energy bites are filled with fiber and healthy fats. The honey provides a bit of sweetness which is balanced nicely by the tart cranberries. Pumpkin is a good source of beta- carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant that is converted to Vitamin A inside the body. Foods rich in beta-carotene help support your immune system and can help protect your vision.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients based on your preferences. I think almond butter would work well if you prefer that over peanut butter. And for all you chocolate lovers out there I think these would be delicious with some mini dark chocolate chips mixed in too 🙂
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, peanut butter, pumpkin, chia seeds, honey, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. If the mixture is too dry add more pumpkin, it it’s too wet add more oats.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Using your hands, roll about 1 Tbsp of dough into a ball and repeat until dough is used up (will make about 20 bites).
- Place bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet and rest in refrigerator until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.