It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. When it comes to holiday entertaining and appetizers, I always gravitate towards things that are quick and easy to prepare and even better when they can be made in advance!
You can’t go wrong with a good cheese plate, but crostini are also a go-to for me. They can be made in less than 15 minutes and require just a handful of ingredients! All you have to do is slice and toast some baguette and top with whatever you are in the mood for! I typically start with some kind of softer cheese (think: goat, ricotta, feta, and blue). From there, choose some kind of seasonal veggie or fruit.
I love this beet and goat cheese combination, but here are two other seasonal ideas that are equally delicious:
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 18 baguette slices
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces precooked red or golden beets, chopped
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread baguette slices on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let baguette slices cool slightly and spread with goat cheese. Top with chopped beets and fresh parsley and serve.
*If you can’t find pre-cooked beets in your grocery store, or prefer to roast your own, follow the steps below:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the greens and stems off the beets. Drizzle beets with olive oil. Wrap them in foil, place them on a baking sheet, and roast for 35-50 minutes. The time will depend on the size and freshness of the beets. Check occasionally and when they are fork-tender, they are done.
- Remove beets from oven, unwrap the foil, and set aside to cool. When they are cool enough to handle, hold the beets under running water and slide the skins off with your hands. Slice and set aside to cool completely.